Lone Peak Mt. Superior Panniers These have been a main stay for Lone Peak and a must have for the serious adventurer. Constructed to last a lifetime and made to the standards you have come to expect from Lone Peak.
- Largest Pannier, Top Loader.
- Four exterior pockets per pannier.
- Dual spin drift collar closure, and it adds another 5″ in height to the bag for over stuffing
- Dimensions; 18″ tall x 12″ W x 7″ Deep (un-extended, you can get more room when you over stuff)
- Main pocket dimensions are 10″ wide at the top, and narrows down to 8″, 14″ tall x 5.5″ Deep.
- Lock-on pannier hooks.
- Width of the rear hooks are 5.5″ on center from hook to hook
- Adjustable lower bungee hook system.
- Weight 3.5 lbs for the pair* Volume: 3200+ cubic inches per pair. 54 Liters* Colors: Black, Red, Yellow/black, Brown/black, Royal blue
- Takes the large rain cover.
- Price is for the pair.
I’ve used these panniers for several seasons. I really appreciate having several outside pockets to store gear-they make it easy to locate frequently used items. They are large enough for sandwiches, toiletries, kitchen items tent poles, water bottles, or other odds and ends. One pocket is mesh, allowing items to dry on the fly,, and I like the way it looks. The hooks allow speedy on and off, yet don’t rattle while underway. If my load is smaller than full capacity, the outside straps tighten to take up the excess space and secure the contents.
I far prefer these multi-pocket panniers over another manufacturer’s large, rubbery single compartment ones that allow small items to migrate to the bottom, necessitating an excavation to find them.